Friday, February 6, 2015

Marcus Yates weekly update: February 2015



I got a moment to sit down with Marcus about his plans for the new year and what 2015 has in store for him. Take a moment to check out what's coming ahead for Marcus Yates. 

Lettey: Let's take a moment to step back into 2014 and see what's been going on with you. How was your thanksgiving? Any special traditions your family takes part in? 

Marcus: I had a cool Thanksgiving, had a blast with my family. Me and some of the older cousins went to a bar, turnt up, and I don't remember much after that. 

Lettey: Sounds like a fun time. How is the album coming along and what are you currently working on? 

Marcus: I'm currently working on a video for my first single. Getting that knocked out here soon. The song I'm on right now is one that I'm doing with my homie Gee Watts from here in KC and another one I'm working on is with my sister Queen Eboneesaid. It's gonna be real FONKY. 


Lettey: Any new artists jumping on this album we haven't heard about yet? 

Marcus: Haven't gotten that far into picking artists except the obvious artists who automatically fit. 

Lettey: What does the new year have in store for you? Any plans for changes, improvements, or new ventures?

Marcus: I'm gonna finish the album and then learn the bass guitar. 

Lettey: That sounds like a great venture. Moving forward past the recent holiday season, is there anything about the Christmas season your particularly fond of? 

Marcus: Nothing out of the ordinary, just spending time with family. 

Lettey: Will the new year bring new merchandise for your fans? Maybe t-shirts or hoodies? 

Marcus: I've been in the talks, but almost everyone I talk to about it has wack ideas so far. I hate that shit. SMH. So still working on that.

Lettey: Well hopefully you find something that works. Your fan base has increased from 250 likes on Facebook to 1114 in the past year alone, how do you feel about this and what do you hope for going into 2015 and beyond? 


Marcus: I just wanna give the fans some thing new to listen to. 

Lettey: Do you have a New Years Resolution?

Marcus: To do an joint EP with Tech N9ne. For the new year I plan on having more of my work outside of rapping displayed on a major level. And it just goes up from there. I really wanna show people how free I was when I was away with my friends in Florida. That freedom will be show cased actually, I'm letting it be known. 

Lettey: When you say make that freedom known, how do you mean? Musically or in other areas? 

Marcus: Musically, but music is my life. We, as musicians ad artists, are good at symbolism. So someone can find freedom, in something, from hearing our music without limits. 

Lettey: Looking back at 2014, what would you say was the most memorable times you'll never forget? Any memories your glad to leave behind? 

Marcus: The mini tour, run during the summer, was cool with Krizz Kaliko and Makzilla. That was in the Northwest. I never would have found out about Port Townsend without that tour. There's nothing bad that I would wanna leave behind though. 

Lettey: What did you do at midnight on New Year's Eve? 

Marcus: I recorded some vocals for my album. Holidays Schmolidays haha. Like, they're there and a good way to stay connected with family, but everyday is a holiday. No cliche. 

Lettey: Let's give the fans something new about you to start 2015 with. What's something the fans may not know about you that would surprise them? 

Marcus: I took ballet for four years. Best thing I ever did to my body. 

Lettey: Well 2015 is already turning out in your favor. With talk about your upcoming album and EP with Tech N9ne, your new years resolution is already coming to completion. The fans are anxiously waiting what you put out this year and we see a bright future for Marcus Yates, a man with a vision and the freedom to make it a reality. 



No comments:

Post a Comment