Sunday, February 15, 2015

Marcus Yates Weekly Update 2/15/15


Now that Valentine's Day is over and people are getting back to normal life again, let's check in with Marcus and see what he's been up to this week. 

Lettey: The internet is blowing up with questions about this new EP with Tech post on your Facebook. When do you anticipate recording to start and have you already begun writing for it? 

Marcus: It still has to be okay-ed by Travis and Seven needs to figure out the numbers, but Tech is finishing up his Special Effects album and he wants to do another project, then we'll probably get started on ideas. Right now it's just a mutual agreement between me and Tech to do an EP. I'm actually making a possible skeleton beat right now. 

Lettey: How is production of your current project going? Do you have an estimated release date yet? 

Marcus: I still don't because I'm still writing for it. I called to set up possible mastering sessions if that helps to know where I'm at in the process. (he laughs). 

Lettey: Very cool. We are all excited to hear what you're working so hard on. Will you be following any part of the upcoming summer tours or making any appearances? 

Marcus: Krizz had mentioned that he wanted to do something like a tour this fall. As far as me personally, no. I'm going to do another listening party. 
Lettey: Do you find that the season influences the music you're writing during that time? Like darker music comes in the winter and lighter music comes during the spring? (Album trends) 

Marcus: Yes, of course! That's how I tell I'm still tapped in. haha. 

Lettey: Did you tune into the Grammys? If so, what do you think about that kind of music or celebrity back patting? 

Marcus: Sadly, I did not watch the Grammys. (Marcus laughs). 


Lettey: It;s all good. You didn't miss much. Whose music are you playing lately to relax and get inspiration? 

Marcus: I was bumping Sade and J Cole. I've never really been a fan of his until this album came out. It's super dope. Don't forget Tech N9ne's Special Effects is coming out too on May 5th 2015!!



No comments:

Post a Comment