Thursday, October 30, 2014

Marcus Yates Weekly update for 10/30/31 THE MONSTER VERSION!



Lettey: "Marcus, let me first thank you for taking the time to talk with us again and give the fans some new info on what you are working on. Tell me Marcus, what's been going on with this incredible album lately?"

Marcus: "The past few weeks I've been working on more tracks for the album while waiting to get the two Tech N9ne placements in transition."

Lettey: "Anything in particular that stands out to you on these recent tracks? What's en-store for the album?"

Marcus: "The vulnerability stands out mostly. My need for love, my fascination with women, my ability to keep my head and not becoming a product of my environment." 

Lettey: "So the recent news hit Facebook and Twitter hard about Kutty leaving Strange Music. What's you take on this and will you continue to work with Kutty in future ventures?"

Marcus: "People grow. That's all. It's a business." 



















Lettey: "Will you being doing any shows or tours any time soon?"

Marcus: "Not anytime soon. Still strategizing the music to make the performances and appearances make sense." 

Lettey: "So we're gonna go back in time a little while. Let's tell the fans a little about young Marcus. Who was your inspiration and what first moved you to the music scene?"

Marcus: "My inspirations were Michael Jackson, Deion Sanders, and my father playing football." 

Lettey: "Who do you see coming up in the music scene that may be new to it?"

Marcus: "Me. (Marcus laughs). No, seriously though." 

Lettey: "Any plans for a music video on this album?"

Marcus: "I'm currently planning a meeting with a great cinematographer by the name of Kendu to share some ideas on a video to my single. It's going to be crazy!!"

Lettey: "What song will the video be based on?" 

Marcus: "Ummm, I don't wanna say anything prematurely but the track is called I'm Alive and all I have to say is I love it a lot." 

Lettey: "How are you feeling about your Chiefs season this year?"



Marcus: "They are doing well. When they do good this year, it'll be more believable for the ones who last year said their schedule was too easy in 2013. I'm with them win or lose." 

Lettey: "What's new in your life right now? What's been going on in KC? Any events or trips take recently?"

Marcus: "The atmosphere has been pretty cool. Saturday I lost my cousin. That's been heavy on my heart because we were the same age. Other then that, the Royals are in the World Series (this interview was done before the unfortunate loss of the final game on 10/29/14) and I'm trying to make light out of the situation."

Lettey: "Do you think with the state of everything in Missouri right now, that the people need this Royals win to reunite them and give them something to root for together?"

Marcus: "Oh of course. It makes us look forward to victory with anything."

Lettey: "Thank you for your time. Our last question tonight in honor of Halloween coming up, are you dressing up for Halloween this year and if so what are you going as?"

Marcus: "I'm not dressing up. I haven't done that since 2001. I might go with my nephews to get candy." 

Lettey: "Thank you and we send our thoughts and prayers out for the loss of your cousin. I appreciate you taking the time to talk with us and hope to hear more about the album soon. Until next time." 

(Lettey's Halloween Costume pic below. Khaleesi of Game of Thrones.)

No comments:

Post a Comment