Monday, August 25, 2014

Marcus Yates Weekly Update 8/25/14


It's time for our weekly update into the world of Marcus Yates. 

Lettey: "Hey Marcus, let's start with talking about your recent tour with Krizz Kaliko. Tell me about your first stop on that tour. Where was that and how did the show go?"

Marcus: "It was in Seattle. I love Seattle. We were doing a guest appearance for the homie Neema 10k. That was dope actually. It felt good to perform after being locked in the crib creating an album. I feel renewed. We killed it as usual (Marcus laughs). "

Lettey: "So from Seattle you went to Port Townsend, WA correct? How was the show and what stood out about that town?"

Marcus: "Port Townsend was a beautiful city. Period. So peaceful that I was kind of worried about what the attendance would be, but when the doors opened they rolled in and we had a ball for real."

Lettey: "Your next stop was in Portland, OR. Tell me about that show."

Marcus: "Portland was were I finally got to meet back up with YOU! (Marcus chuckles). It was pretty fun before, during, and after the show."

Lettey: "Ya I had a blast too. Denny's was fun, but we were all so tired by then too. But good times. Then you guys moved down to Albany, OR for the 4pm show correct? Tell me how that went and what you thought about Albany?"

Marcus: "Ya Albany was very unique. We performed in this gutted out mason temple hall looking place. Haha, it was weird. It was very hot in the venue from what I heard too from everybody. I was perfectly fine because I consume a shit ton of water before and during the show."

Lettey: "Wow, that's crazy. So tell me Marcus, what was your absolute favorite moment from tour and favorite song to perform?"

Marcus: "Man, the thing is the whole tour felt like one good moment, but I would say taking the ferry from Seattle to Port Townsend was very cool. That was my first time taking a ferry. The water surrounding us, the view of the city from afar, it was pretty cool. Oh and meeting NBA Legend Shawn Kemp." 

Lettey: "So now that your home are you going to take some time to relax or jump right back into the album?"

Marcus: "I thought about resting, but I'm gonna get back to the album. I learned so much from just being away from home in a different place in the world. I love that." 

Lettey: "Any shows coming up in the near future with you?"

Marcus: "Neema was talking about another run in November, but that's up in the air till future notice. Promoters are hitting me up but I'm kind of avoiding them until music is completed to make things strategic. I wanna perform when there's something to perform. Tweet when there's something to tweet. A lot of these tweets could be raps haha." 

Lettey: "So what are you working on with the new album right now and how many songs are complete so far?"

Marcus: "It's coming along well, going great. Mixing techniques are steadily progressing. Looking for DOPE edgy artists to work with to make every song epic."

Lettey: "Any idea who your looking to get working on the album with you?"

Marcus: "I'm searching. It's difficult because I'm picking to be innovative, not picking the artist(s) who fits. It's about making them fit to provoke. I want the creative process to be limitless."

Lettey: "How do you feel about what's going on in your state right now, my home state?"

Marcus: "I have nothing to say about it for real..I'm all about the betterment. I love Missouri, it's my home. I send affirmations to the universe to keep my family and friends safe at all times. I send my condolences though."

Lettey: "I can see how hard it would be to see this daily. We send our support and condolences too from Portland. Music can really change a nation and people's way of thinking. Tell me, who are you listening to these days? Who's playing in your musical collection?"

Marcus: "I'm playing Jermaine Jackson,m tAz Arnold, the SEVENth, and FKA twigs. Oh and of course my new tracks haha." 

Lettey: "So tell us what's going on in Marcus's dating life? The lady fans are very interested in knowing."

Marcus: "Not a goddamn thing. HAHA. I would love to have a women right now though. Haven't had nothing serious in a long time due to music and not wanting to feel guilty for abandoning my lady for music. It just saves a lot of heartache/headache. Like a women would tell you she's down for you being distant, but when it goes down, it's another story. So I just mingle. Getting a feel for women. Picking their brains and shit. Nothing major, but I'm solo dolo right now. 

Lettey: "Those are very true words. So tell me have you seen this ice bucket challenge and have you been called out to do it yet?"

Marcus: "I haven't and I hope I don't get called out. I heard that shit is cold as fuck!"

Lettey: "I agree, I haven't been called out either and hope not to be. I would rather see people donate any way. Apparently a young girl died recently doing this challenge too.  Okay, there are a lot of acts going around the US right now. Who are you dying to see live and why?"

Marcus: "I'm not sure I could narrow down the list, it's a long one."




No comments:

Post a Comment