Thursday, March 20, 2014

New Projects On The Horizon

Lettey:  What style of music would you say the new project sounds like? 


Marcus:  Good Morning!! It's still in the works but of course it's more empathetic to the listener than Dark Taupe Schemata. For example, A song I'm working on now is more personal about the women (yes plural) that I'm attracted to and how each one of them equally caters to me. (Playa playa) Haha!! Nah but I'm like really sincere and honest about my confusion in this project because that's where I am and that's what makes me wake up and wanna find myself everyday. 


Lettey:  What is inspiring you in this project and what direction are you hoping to go in? 


Marcus: I'm really free with the creative process at this point. Living and jotting down basically. Planning to visit Harlem here soon to eventually live there.


Lettey: . Do you have an idea of when you'll be releasing it? Any new shows coming up?


Marcus: I talked to my brother Jon Bap.. I definitely don't mind my project taking a year or two to be completed. Seriously.. And it's definitely worth the gamble of supporters losing interest and gaining them back. I have nothing but high hopes for this project. Greatness takes time. In between that time, I plan on doing production for Tech N9ne for his upcoming album.. Working and writing with Krizz Kaliko and touring with Krizz Kaliko as well. 


Lettey:  Are you moving to Harlem to connect closer to your neighborhood and to get more inspiration? Marcus: I think it's more to just THINK in a different space. I have family there to reconnect with too. I have 3 songs maybe 4 out of a possible 15 that I wanna do.. And I got all the time in the world to build upon them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment