Tuesday, May 6, 2014

MARCUS SPITS THE TRUTH WEEKLY BLOG



This week I checked in with Marcus about how the new album is going and what he has in store for us.

Lettey: Tell me what your working on this week. 

Marcus: This week I'm working with a couple producers from Michigan. The Seventh, Joose, and Mozaic. When I went to Grand Rapids last week, we all vibed and bounced around ideas. So now we're sending loops back and forth, writing verses, placing sounds in tracks to give the tracks elite sounds, and just being great. Also placed some scratches on the track I produced for Lena Chanel.DJ Omega scratched for it. Much love to him cause everyone was telling me he doesn't fuck with a lot of people.You need people like that, that means they know in detail about being elite. 

I also did a feature with Michigan rapper Famos Aame. He gave me some real, in ya mouth facts in his verse and that song is completed. Been back and forth about whether it should be the single. 

Lettey: Any sneak peaks or clips for the new album coming up? 

Marcus: Um, no more clips until it's in it's entirety. I'll show everyone once it's finished.

Lettey: Do you have any shows coming up or appearances to let the fans know about? 

Marcus: Still no shows right now. I'm gonna work on setting a few things up with local promoters to do shows once the project is done. 

Lettey: What is one thing that has grown you as an artist this week?

Marcus: Simply just doing what I plan to do. I think I'm in cruise mode as far as mixing, placing extras to beef the tracks up, and connecting subject matter. I'm doing pretty good as far as not sounding redundant by being only a rapper who is better than anyone. I like how I'm tapping into my different styles. 

Lettey: Where and how did you get your inspiration while in Michigan? 

Marcus: AGO had an open arm energy soon as I got there. We were just bouncing ideas off of each other. Great recognize great. Easy. 

Lettey: Little change of pace for the fans, what's your favorite food? 

Marcus: My favorite food, hmmm I don't know. I'm allergic to peanuts and shellfish and I don't eat pork, so anything outside of that is cool. Working on dismissing meats and dairies altogether and going straight Vegan, but that's a process. 

Lettey: When life gets stressful, what do you do to unwind and get comfort? 

Marcus: When I'm stressing I meditate on being great, read something informative, talk to my close ones. I used to smoke, but being high started getting boring. So I just tap into my inner great and be. 

Lettey: What would be one major change you would make in the world if you could? 

Marcus: My answer for this question changes all the time, and honestly, I wouldn't change anything. If you know you're born to be great, just be great already. I used to get so caught up and dwelling on the negative and by doing that I attracted the negative to me. So I would just change me for the better. Folks are gonna be bad regardless cause great folks need something to decipher from. 

Check in next week for more questions and answers from Marcus Yates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment