Monday, June 24, 2013

A BEHIND THE SCENES LOOK AT THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS OOBERGEEK: MARCUS YATES





"My imagination ain't based based around Oobergeek. Its based around me, Marcus Yates."

Marcus Yates, who you may currently know as Oobergeek, is making a big change for himself. He's changing his name back to his own. He says, " The music is about me and not a name. I wasn't really into the name from the beginning, and so I'm going back to who I am." Marcus is being himself and going to keep it real to himself.

When asked how he thinks this will effect his fan or fan base he said, " I don't think it will. The music was never about the name, but about the content."

Marcus let me tag along with him all day on the Portland, OR stop of Summer of Strange at the Roseland Theater. The line-up of artists (Krizz Kaliko, Oobergeek, Stevie Stone, ¡Mayday!, Cool Nutz, Tragedy, and a young local artist) consisted of some of the most talented artists Portland and Strange had to offer and the crowd was ready to accept them to Portland and turn up the night. (official blog and pictures to come this week!).

Marcus heads to Spokane today to continue the Summer of Strange Tour stops and stay tuned for the exclusive behind the scenes pics, interviews, and more coming this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment